Monday, July 14, 2008

Hamjambo!


Hamjambo (Hello),

Welcome to our travel (b)log! This year we plan to travel to Tanzania, Ecuador, New Zealand, and possibly Nepal. Our first trip begins at the end of July when we will travel to northern Tanzania to teach schoolchildren in a small village called Duluti, on the outskirts of Arusha. After our time there, we will spend 5 days climbing 19,340 ft. to the top (cross your fingers for us!) of Mt. Kilimanjaro and then another 4 days exploring the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. We should have some internet conductivity where we are staying, so we will try to post our journals as often as possible. We hope you are all doing well.

~Rob & Emily

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great!! Travel safely, Rob and Em! Our love and best wishes, Rick and Vicki.

Barrett & Scott Anders said...

Glad to hear you all arrived safely and have accomodations that aren't as bad as you expected.
Looking forward to your first pictures.
Carolyn is driving up to help celebrate Barrett's birthday this weekend. Barrett will drive back with her on Sunday and spend a few days in DC while I'm in Dallas.
Take care of yourselves!
love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Hamjambo! I'm hoping I will learn some Swahili while blogging with you. So happy that you two are off to a great start on your adventures. love from Mom (how do you say that in Swahili?)

Anonymous said...

Hellooooooo! I have discovered a good Swahili to English dictionary online, so nevermind about how to say Mom....it's "mama"!!!! I like this language already. I must say that this dictionary is very basic so I might be trying to write without grammar. I am so thankful for this blog. Rob and Em, you are such an inspiration...such pride and joy....I love you. Mama